Saturday, June 16, 2012

Midori Unagidon


My family and I went to Japanese restaurant called Midori Sushi. It's my second time going. Last time I ordered their seafood tempura, which was mediocre. This time, I ordered their unagidon, which is basically sliced eel over rice. The eel is glazed with this sweet sauce, which I'm guessing is a mixture of mirin, soy sauce, and sugar. As you can see in the picture, it also came with ginger, pickled daikon, and cucumbers.


It wasn't the best unagidon. I thought the sauce was too sweet and the rice was too saturated to my liking. I kind of ordered it hastily because the waitress was waiting. I probably won't order it again not necessarily because it was too sweet, but also because it's just too much eel. I need some variety.

No comments:

Post a Comment