Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Japanese White Stew


Yesterday, I suddenly got the desire to make white stew. I've never eaten it before, but it looks so good! I used the recipe from this site. The recipe has chicken in it, but I just took it out and added more vegetables. There's also tuna, which you can also take out if you're a vegetarian.

I adjusted the amount of milk too because I realized I had put in too many vegetables - they weren't submerged in the liquid mixture. For someone like me who rarely cooks and has never made stew before, I thought I did a decent job. (The potatoes and carrots could have been cooked a little more.) It certainly came out edible. Hopefully, my parents will like it.

I'll definitely make this again, but probably not anytime soon. Preparing everything was such a hassle. But, then again, I'm sure after a while, I'll find ways to get things done quicker. As as I said before, I don't cook very often.





No comments:

Post a Comment